Cottonwood Visitors Guide
Visit Cottonwood, Arizona, located in the heart of Arizona and wine country, Cottonwood has something for everyone. Explore the outdoors on bike, foot, or horseback, and discover the many dining and sipping options in Old Town.
Cottonwood is ideally situated above the heat of the desert and below the cooler temperatures of Arizona’s high country. Surrounded by the red rocks of Sedona to the north east and Mingus Mountain to the south west, its lower elevation makes it a perfect spot for your next Arizona adventure.
Follow I-17 south from Flagstaff or north from the Valley and take exit 285 at Camp Verde, Gen. Crook Trail, follow HWY 260 to Cottonwood. Once you arrive, begin exploring the reasons visitors choose Cottonwood as their scenic, affordable, and fun Verde Valley destination.
Make these must do items a part of your one or two night stay as you explore Arizona on your road trip:
• Old Town Cottonwood- shopping, dining, lodging, all in the center of town
• Dead Horse Ranch State Park- fishing, hiking, birding, and more
• Verde River- kayaking, Water to Wine tour, a fresh water river in Northern Arizona
• Uniquely Cottonwood- unique shops, stories, and businesses in the heart of Arizona Wine Country
• Verde Valley Wine Trail- with nearly 10 stops along the trail in Cottonwood, it’s a perfect place to sit, sip, and stay
Visit Cottonwood, Heart of Arizona Wine Country!